Build Your Career at Harris Local Government
Seeking Account Executive
Harris Local Government (HLG) is seeking an account executive for our County government business to augment our growing team in order to foster new sales of our solutions and services! As an account executive, you will be responsible for the pursuit and closure of opportunities in local government accounts within our Southeastern territory. The account executive will oversee all aspects of the sales cycle, including development of new business leads, territory planning and targeted marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate is an inquisitive, self-starter who is interested in finding the best solution to fit the needs of our customers.
What your impact will be
- Identify sales opportunities and promote, pursue, and sell HLG’s County line of business
- Assist in corporate and territorial promotional efforts as directed by the vice president of sales & marketing
- Work collaboratively/effectively with the v.p. of sales & marketing and other team members to grow business in the territory.
- Pursue professional development to ensure current market knowledge and to develop professional skills/relationships in additional to interacting with key professional organizations and associations.
- Develop and execute strong business practices
- Correspond and communicate with prospective clients as required to close business
- Provide continuing contact with and support to prospective clients in assigned territories and to other key accounts as requested
What we are looking for
- Self-motivated individual who exhibits sense of urgency in all sales and service-related activity
- Exceptional communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to generate success with all aspects of the sales cycle with particular focus on lead generation
- Understanding of various technologies and concepts utilized by local governments
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time or as circumstances permit
What will make you stand out
- Located within the Southeastern United States
- Has proven experience working within the local government market
- Background in working with and selling solutions to local government
- A decisive, independent and driven individual who can engage and collaborate respectfully, quickly, and privately across all levels of the organization
- Integrity is foundational and evident in all interactions, conversations, negotiations and discussions with customers, superiors and peers
- Confident yet respectful of others
- Readily accepts coaching and direction with an ability to adjust approach based on feedback
- Dependability and reliability to follow through on tasks and commitments
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- A casual work environment
- Full range of employee benefits 401(k), Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, AD&D)
- Paid vacation